I spoke with Terrie, the director for Camp Howe, the other day and it was determined that it is just not feasible to have the May event with issues our communities face at the moment. All indications are that things are going to get worse before they get better and we are easily looking at a minimum of two months of grappling with this pandemic. Our first priority must be the safety of all our people and the only way to accomplish that at the moment is physical distancing. If you are registered for Spring 1 that registration will automatically be forwarded to the next relevant event for whatever pass you purchased (Spring 2, Fall 1, or Spring 1 ’21). You may choose to contact me about a refund if you require one. You may choose to contact me about donating your event fee to the game to help us be able to keep up the quality of the game. We are thankfully not eating the event fee but there are plenty of other expenses with running a game and especially with trying to be ready for a new campaign. Folks have two weeks (4/8) to contact me about asking for a refund or donating their event.
Currently, the June event is still scheduled to happen though we may need to cancel that as well depending on what is happening with the pandemic and the state of the camp. Terrie is still hoping to open the camp this spring and our goal is to hold the June event as long as it is safe to do so. We likely won’t have the decision for a while either, since it’s going to take at least April if not also some of May to get a sense for things. However the staff and myself will continue preparing for the Spring 2 event as if it is definitely happening and have in fact been meeting weekly since the beginning of the year to help try and make sure whenever this first game happens it’ll be amazing.
There are many affected by the current world crisis, including devastation among the entertainment industry. If you have the means to support small artists as you prepare your costume and gear for game, we encourage you to do so. To try and help out, I’m pledging that for every event registration donated from this canceled spring event $10 of that will go to a charity in need during this pandemic. If you have a charity you’d like to put up for consideration for the fund, please let me know. If we have enough, I’ll be picking several charities to try and spread the love around. The outcome will be posted so folks know what they have aided with. Remember that you have two weeks (4/8) to contact me asking for a refund or to donate your event fee.
ToV has always been about community. Right now our job is to do whatever we can to protect the greater community and the people working hard to take care of folks during this pandemic. Be smart. Be safe. And keep finding ways to have fun!
General Out of Game Discussion
2 posts • Page 1 of 1