Fall 1 Covid Protocol Update (READ)

General Out of Game Discussion
Erica
Owner
Owner

Fall 1 Covid Protocol Update (READ)

Post by Erica » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:40 pm

Hello folks,

As the Delta variant continues to ravage the unvaccinated and cause cases among even the vaccinated, we are looking to update our Covid protocols for the event to help keep everyone as safe as possible in our “new normal”.

· As a reminder, you MUST be vaccinated in order to play or cast. Thus far no one has contacted me about needing a medical exception (which is the ONLY exception we’ll be allowing). Unfortunately my time is tighter than I wanted so we’ll be asking you to show proof as part of checkin.

o Ideally this show be your actual vaccination card OR pictures (please prepare to show one of the card details and one of you holding it with your face and the name on the card visible.)

o We will not be holding onto any of this information other then that you have checked off as having the vaccination on our sheet.

o If you come and cannot show proof of vaccination you WILL be sent home. NO EXCEPTIONS. Your registration for the event will be refunded.

· At checkin, you will be asked for both your current email and a phone number you can be reached at for contact tracing.

· We recommend that everyone mask when in a public indoor space or crowds for the TWO WEEKS prior to the event, and the two weeks post the event (assuming you aren’t already doing so)

· We recommend that everyone get an asymptomatic test prior to the event and post event. There are a number of free community testing options throughout MA. We MAY have a limited number we can do onsite but rapid tests do have a high false positive rate and if you test positive you WILL be sent home. Your registration for the event will be refunded.
List of testing sites (Not comprehensive) https://docs.google.com/document/d/164V ... sp=sharing

· *NEW* We are instituting mandatory mask wearing when you are indoors. The exceptions are when eating or sleeping. We will have disposable masks on site (as well as hand sanitizer available in logistics and the tavern) but we recommend you pick up a couple cute masks for your character(s) (or neutral looking black ones). If we are going to run, we need to keep folks as safe as possible. Masking is a proven tool for that. So please be prepared to be patient and work with what we need to do to run safely.

· If you are feeling unwell, PLEASE STAY HOME. Our policy this season is a “no questions asked cancellation/refund” policy right up to the event itself to help encourage people to make responsible choices.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Please spread the word/checkin with your friends attending/remind folks about our mandatory Covid policies for this game (proof of vaccination/masking indoors) and encourage them to follow through with our recommendations (masking indoors in public two week prior/asymptomatic testing). It’s unfortunate that the nation is in such a state that we need to take these steps at this time, but if everyone does their part to protect the community we can show that it’s possible to safely engage socially in this manner.

-Erica

*Update to Cabin Assignments*
As we are not requiring people to sleep while masked we will make every effort we can to try and make sure that not only are you safe, but that you feel safe as well. To that end we will be linking a webform where you can check off which players you feel comfortable sharing a bunk with considering unmasked sleeping. Since we do have a finite number of cabins on site we can't guarantee we'll be able to make all requests but we will do everything our power to get as close as we can. Again, we cannot promise that you will only bunk with people you've selected but we will try our very hardest to avoid that scenario happening.

PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT THIS FORM IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING GAME 1 AND ARE A PLAYER. We will provide staff with a link to a cast specific webform.
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT PLANNING ON STAYING IN A CABIN. There is a question concerning that.

https://forms.gle/bYPmXxzQgEfXPsrR9

-Nick
Erica McIntyre [she/hers]
Game Owner
Tales of Valor

ambisinister
Site Admin
Site Admin
Character Name: Nick Tad Valor Vale

Re: Fall 1 Covid Protocol Update (READ)

Post by ambisinister » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:25 pm

I need to start resolving cabin assignments. So far I've gotten 39 responses to the player bunk mate preference form. If you have yet to fill out the form and would like me to take your preferences into consideration when I'm making assignments, this is your last opportunity to do so. If you have not filled out the form because you're not planning on sleeping in a cabin, pretty please take the couple minutes to fill out the form and let me know. The less people i need to try and fit in bunks, the easier it will be for me to try and accommodate the preferences of those who are sleeping in cabins.

ambisinister
Site Admin
Site Admin
Character Name: Nick Tad Valor Vale

Re: Fall 1 Covid Protocol Update (READ)

Post by ambisinister » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:26 pm

After reviewing the state's numbers we're going to move forward with running game 1. We will of course be keeping our eyes on the data as the weekend approaches, but at this time we have no reason to believe we will cancel.

As before, if anyone wants to delay their registration to another date you may do so no questions asked. You should still let us know though, especially if you're coming to cast.