ToV Spring 1 2022 Event Cancellation PLEASE READ

General Out of Game Discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:50 pm
Location: Khavash

ToV Spring 1 2022 Event Cancellation PLEASE READ

Post by Erica » Thu May 05, 2022 12:06 pm

Hello folks,

It is with a heavy heart that I need to cancel the Spring 1 2022 event, scheduled for this weekend (5/6-5/8). Please understand that this was not an easy decision and was not made in a vacuum or without significant discussion and analysis of all the factors. All registrations will be forwarded to the next game, currently planned to be Spring 2 2022. We will be watching the Covid trends closely over the next few weeks and will update folks then about whether we think it is viable to run that event or not. I genuinely hope this cancellation does not cause significant inconvenience or hardship for anyone.

This post will go up here, on the forum, and on discord but I ask that everyone please checkin with folks you know were attending on both cast and player side and make sure they are aware of this cancellation. I would hate for someone to drive out to camp only to find no one there. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to message me on FB or email me at wyldharrt at gmail dot com. Please understand that I may not be able to respond immediately.

I want to give a huge thank you to all the staff who have worked so hard to prepare for this event over the last couple months and to all the folks who worked hard over the last few days to try and help us pivot to try and keep making things work as circumstances kept changing. I’d like to specifically thank Nick for all the time he’s put in over the last week and to Kath for being on top corralling the constant adjustments we were trying to account for. The team cooked up a fantastic event overall and I am excited to be able to share it with all of you when we can do so safely.

Thank you for your understanding and I hope to see everyone soon.

Edditted to add the following:
It was asked elsewhere if it would be helpful for folks who are able, if they can donate their registration to help cover things instead of forwarding their event. The answer is a grateful, emphatic yes.

Should you not be able to make the next event planned currently (Spring 2 2022) your event will be forwarded to the next one you can make this year.
Erica McIntyre [she/hers]
Game Owner
Tales of Valor

Post Reply