Spring 2 2022 event June 3-5 CANCELLED

General Out of Game Discussion
Erica
Owner
Owner

Spring 2 2022 event June 3-5 CANCELLED

Post by Erica » Tue May 24, 2022 12:05 pm

Hello folks,

The Spring 2 2022 Tales of Valor event on June 3-5 is cancelled.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our survey. The majority of you took the time to respond and it really helped create the picture of where folks are at in this moment in time. Sadly, the inconsistent guidance within our society for how to handle surges at this point in the pandemic is making it harder for us to run safely. We are working off incomplete data for the actual case load due to less reported testing happening and variants with high transmission. Approximately a quarter of our community is either concerned about attending or not attending. Even if the rates fall this week, Memorial Day is the weekend before the event and many folks participate in social events that weekend. I promised I would get out the decision on whether the event is going to run or not in a timely fashion.

As such I am cancelling the Spring 2 event on Jun 3-5th.

Please know that this decision was not made lightly. I understand how much folks desire the social outlet that is game, how much work folks have put into crafting the stories that are once more on hold, and that it let’s down folks who have put money and time aside in preparation. All that said, this game is centered around the community and right now a significant portion of our community is not comfortable participating in the event.

I hope that over the summer this surge calms down, no new troubling variants emerge, and we can move from dealing with a pandemic to an endemic. I am looking forward to running our fall events and seeing everyone. I will be sorting out folks registration and logistics this June. As a reminder the Fall event dates are:
Sept 9-11 and Oct 7-9

I hope to see you all then!
Erica
Erica McIntyre [she/hers]
Game Owner
Tales of Valor