Thrown Weapon Construction & Handle Wrapping

Discussion of all things relating to weapons, armor, costuming and props within the game.
CChamberlin
Player
Character Name: Alrik Jorgenson

Thrown Weapon Construction & Handle Wrapping

Postby CChamberlin » Wed May 17, 2017 9:24 am

I recently picked up the thrown weapon skill and have begun looking into making my own boffer throwing knives/axes/etc. One thing I had considered to dress up the design was to wrap the grip of the weapon with either suede, cloth, or very thin leather. While I know that this is allowed for normal weapons I didn't know if it would be allowed for throwing weapons due to the tighter constraints on their construction.

Also while we are at it does anyone have any good tips they have found that I should keep in mind while building throwing weapons? I know that they aren't the most accurate or long range options available but any help to make them better is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Corey
deravyn
Site Admin
Site Admin
Character Name: Zharehn

Re: Thrown Weapon Construction & Handle Wrapping

Postby deravyn » Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Wrapping a handle of a thrown weapon is fine as long as it does not make the handle too stiff.

Over sizing them a bit is my best advice, also I find that things like axes throw much better than daggers but ymmv.
talon
Player
Character Name: Cosimo

Postby talon » Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 am

Squishy tip/open cell foam is more of a pain to work with but throws a lot better if done right. At the least I put a thrusting tip on one end and a soft pommel on the other. Helps give it a little weight/density.
brenz
Cast

Postby brenz » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Hey Cory, grab me at game, I'll give you a quick rundown on a method that works for me.
Brenz

Return to “Weapons, Armor, Costumes, Props”